Saturday, August 11, 2007

FACEBOOK!!!

Girls Girls Girls! I've had a few questions about what is facebook so let me share!!! www.facebook.com is a social networking website that is similar to myspace. I have never actually been on myspace so I can't say for certain, but as I understand it facebook is more secure then myspace. So for instance...I have my facebook profile and I invite people I know that also have facebook profiles to be my facebook friend. They then accept or decline my invitation. ONLY PEOPLE I HAVE INVITED TO BE MY FACEBOOK FRIEND CAN LOOK AND HAVE ACCESS TO MY PROFILE!!!!! In return, I only have access to people's profiles if they have accepted me to be their friend. There are different security settings, so if you don't mind wack-o's looking at your profile you can set your security that way. The other thing is that you can join networks. So I belong to the Calgary, AB network. That means anyone in the Calgary, AB network can view my profile, but joining that network was totally my choice. So through facebook you can email, post pictures, write on people's walls, find people you haven't seen in decades and an array of other fun things! You seriously can't believe the people I've found on this thing. My best friend as a little girl found me the other day. I hadn't seen her in years!!! Its pretty crazy! That leads me to explain that the best way to find people is through your facebook friend's FRIENDS list. So my childhood BFF found me through my cousins profile. If you feel like checking it out just go to www.facebook.com and sign up. It'll then automatically send out an email to everyone in your address book and invite them to be your facebook friend. Then you can get rolling from there. It seriously is so fun and addicting and CRAZY who you can find on there. HAPPY FACEBOOKING!

1 comment:

*alysha* said...

Thanks! I was curious.