Monday, September 22, 2008
This website/blog is hilarious!! My husband and I have been one upping each other with finding the BEST one! I found it on my friends blog...check it out if you have time to knob and want a good laugh!!
This one is my favorite so far....(and yes, my husband found it!)
Friday, September 19, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
I'm a SHOPPER. Love a bargin! That is why I spent 1 1/2 hours at Gymboree today! All of the new sweaters etc, are on sale for 20$ and the shirts, pjs, leggings etc are only 10$. And, a bunch of the older lines are on sale. Needless to say, I saved a bundle..and EARLY Christmas shopping, and GYMBUCKS! SO, jump online or stop by.
ALSO, GET ON THE MAILING LIST! Lately, I get coupons for 20-30% off of my ENTIRE purchase. You will want those for Christmas. Then all of that stuff is 7-15 dollars. Alrighty?
I don't think I would have ever picked up this book on my own but a friend told me about it. I love to cook but not necessarily what my family likes to eat. Often I hear, "can't you just cook normal food mom?" Anyway - so far every recipe I have made from this book my kids have enjoyed. The recipes are easy and the list of ingredients short compared to most of my books. We are always on the go. I've read so many different ideas for keeping family dinner intact in a busy home and this seems to work best for us - even if it sometimes 9:00 at night :( The reality of having children who play high school sports.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
And as a bonus, Ne-Yo (who I also usually love) is on tomorrow also.
Monday, September 15, 2008
The other day, I had a brilliant idea. After having seen this commercial a thousand times and thinking to my self, "yeah right like that really works!" I decided it was worth a try, what do I have to loose and if it works my dishwasher will stay in place. Well, I am most delighted to tell you all that it completely worked, my dishwasher is attached and secure! Yippy.
What is this magic product you ask?
Laugh if you wish, but this stuff totally worked. It was my last hope and I love it the MIGHTY PUTTY!
Friday, September 12, 2008
I just got it in the mail, and you really do forget you have it on! I absolutely love the soft straps and the less visible lines in the back.
Yahoo! Just spreading the love ladies. You can order directly from the web site.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
1. Name - Amiee (hate to put last name just b/c of privacy internet stuff. you know...)
2. Age- 33
3. Married/Kids - married with one baby
4. Work - Realtor
5. Resides - Northern area of Utah, but I'm born and raised Louisiana girl...go South! Woo hoo!
6. Hobbies - singing
7. Loves- my boy, hubby, dogs, friends, family, eating out, movies, boating, entertaining
8. I am on this blog thanks to...- Shannon. I stumbled upon it from another blog months ago, and I love keeping tabs on it. But I can't remember who's blog I linked from!
9. Dreams - would love to be a famous country singer one day...but for now the little "gigs" are good enough!
10. Addictions - unfortunately, food! also addicted to music and blogging.
11. Biggest Dislikes - dislikes?? Hmmm...I can't stand mean people. You know, the kind that are mean and they KNOW they are being mean and don't care. I hate raw tomatoes (but I will eat them any way as long as they are cooked), & spiders (I am terrified of those brown recluse/black widows)...
Well that wasn't too exciting, was it? Thank you for letting me be a contributor! I had about 5 cool things to post about, and now I am going blank (of course). I hope to help keep the site up and running with more "good stuff." I'm so excited to be here!!! Oh, I added a pic of me for fun!
Sunday, September 7, 2008
I just wrote a similar post on my blog but wanted to put it here as well. Sorry to those of you who read both this and my family blog. Anyway...
The following story isn't, in any way, what I consider "Good Stuff". It, in fact, is one of those things in life that we almost never talk about when we have one of those "what if" conversations with someone. However, I decided to post it here in the spirit of why we blog. With all the scary things that can happen out in the blogging world with stalkers, and pshyco's, etc., there is ALOT of good that comes from blogging. Support, love and faith offered by total strangers, who, without the internet, would remain strangers forever.
Please click on this and read the story of a young couple, who are fighting for their lives after being involved in a private plane crash. You'll have to click on "older posts" about three times until you get to the August 17th entry. The sister of the wife updates the couples condition and tells an amazing story of love and faith as she shares their families experiences. Let's all include them in our prayers, and hope that should we ever find ourselves in one of those "what if" situations in life, that others would do the same for us.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
When Heather, Julie and I were growing up my mom bought us this activity/coloring book and accompanying tape called the safety kids. It is all about being safe. Don't talk to strangers, learning your telephone number, etc. The songs were so cute and catchy that all three of us have sung them to our own children over the years. Well.....a few months ago Heather and Julie found a website that sells the books and cd's. They have even added two more books. One is about drugs and alcohol, the other about pornography. All three books are VERY well done and are a fun way to teach your kids about important things they need to know to protect them. I ordered them and made my kids listen to them in the car on the way to Canada this summer. One of the songs talks about what to do if you get lost. It says "Look for a grandma or mother with children". Julie's little Natalie was in the car with me at the time and said "hey, my mom always tells me that".
Check out the website http://www.familysafemedia.com/safety_kids_-_child_safety_edu.html. You can preview the songs and can order all three books!. You'll be surprised how quickly you'll be singing:
"All ya gotta do is yell and scream!!!
Sometimes its the only thing to do!!!
Noisy as a firetruck, you just gotta open up
and get the crowd's attention turned to you!!!"
(you'll know what I mean after you hear the song :-)
It has FHE lessons based on the Book of Mormon. We are using it for our scripture study too. It breaks down each verse in the BoM individually and has questions to ask about the verses. My 5 year old does great with it! I highly recommend. Available at Deseret Book
2. The best book I've read in ages. These Is My Words by Nancy Turner. This is the first book in a series of 3 (so far) about a pioneer homesteader in the late 1800s. Very clean but a little violent with Indian wars and such. Seriously, a great read.
3. Febreze Pumpkin Harvest and Fall Spray smells so so good and is perfect to freshen up your house if you don't have time to burn a candle. I found mine at Target!4. Burt's Bees baby products. I got a big gift basket full of these products after I had my baby and I LOVE them. My favorites are the buttermilk lotion and diaper cream. They smell divine and are very mild.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
I bought a pair of Dryer Balls at Restoration Hardware and have been using them all summer. I never have liked using dryer sheets and am happy to get rid of them. I don't know that they have reduced my dryer time any though. Still worth it in my eyes. Any input?
My mom just sent me this book in the mail a few weeks ago and I'm loving it! Good mamma group craft date ideas as well as fun projects with your kids on rainy days. Check it out if you get the chance!