Friday, October 12, 2007

I have found it!

Okay, so I am a genius. Not really, but I have made a miraculous discovery. I have the answer to one of life's mysteries. Here's the story...I was in the shower yesterday morning, and felt the need to clean it. In my bathroom, we don't keep any cleaners (after collin drank windex), but I do keep a container of toilet bowl cleaner up on a high shelf. I kinda have a secret obsession with cleaning my toilet. I probably clean my toilet 3-4 times a week. I know, OCD. Anyways, I was already wet in the shower and didn't want to get out to get my Soft Scrub, so I grabbed the Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner. I thought...hey it's cleaner, and it cleans the dirtiest place on earth (a toilet) so why not clean some shower tiles also. I read the back of it and it even kills the HIV virus! So, as I was scrubbing the tiles and grout with my toothbrush and toilet bowl cleaner, a little flicked onto my shower stall door (we have the frosted glass shower doors in our master bath) and it started to FOAM! I though to myself...it's foaming, it must be cleaning. I let it foam for a mintue, and after I rinsed it off...NO MORE HARD WATER STAIN! I have been purchasing the most expensive crap out there, I even spent $38 on 1 bottle of green cleaner from a door to door salesman who promised me no hard water stains. No avail. So after my discovery, I squirted a bunch in my hand and wiped it all over the door...it was a beautiful foaming mess! (but stings any cuts you might have) Now I don't mean huge foam, more like a peroxide type of foam...the blue cleaner turns white as it's killing the hard water stains. I continued to use the whole bottle on my shower and love that I've made an amazing discovery. Now if they'd just give that Nobel Peace Prize to me rather than Al Gore...hummm.....

10 comments:

Heather said...

I'm totally trying it! I bought some stuff online the other day even that people swore worked and it was all a lie! I'm going to buy some today and try it!

Kacey said...

This SO Works Heather!! In one of the apartments that I lived in before I got married the sprinklers would ruin my clean car every night and leave the worst hard water stains on my windshield. I tried everything and then my roommate told me to use toilet bowl cleaner and I couldn't believe how well it worked! (she would make a solution in a spray bottle...half T.B. cleaner & half water then label it). We used it to clean our shower doors, our stainless steel sink, car windows etc...

Evie B. said...

I love how OCD you are! And I'm laughing so hard picturing you applying toilet bowl cleaner to your shower doors with your hand. Hey, if it works! :)

shannon said...

yeah ego, and i was of course in the shower naked, covered in toilet bowl cleaner, my fingers stinging where i had cuts, and grinning from ear to ear with my new discovery!

Julie said...

good find!

Jocelyn said...

Awesome! I am trying this as soon as I get home. I have used Kaboom and so far that stuff was the best at getting the hard water off the doors... but sounds like I have to try this now. YES! Nice thinking Sharn!

Marilee said...

I'm totally gonna try it! Remember the whole "getting in touch with my house" thing I blogged about and me letting my housekeeper go so I can clean my house...well, in so doing, I clean my house weekly but I can't get rid of the hard water stains...I can't wait until cleaning day now...maybe I won't wait, I'll clean today!! :-) Good Find!

*alysha* said...

I like kaboom too but I will try this out. Thanks!

Tamara said...

great idea! kacey - i also love your idea about putting it in spray bottle! thanks.

Lori said...

SOOOO excited to try this out! I am a little OCD about certain things as well (I like to just call myself persnickety) and the shower stall doors are AWFUL. Kaboom doesn't even really touch them...so I am PSYCHED!
Thanks!

Love this site!!! What a great idea!-------Lori


www.loridoesmd.blogspot.com