Friday, January 11, 2008

Scream Free Parenting

So I have a toddler, as some of you guys also do! In an effort to make our home more peaceful and me to maintain my sanity as a full time mom and a full time employee, I found this book. I actually bought it on iTunes for only like $14 for the book, and I've been pleasantly surprised. Now, I know there is no book out there that gives you all the answers, and as we know, all kids are different...but I like his approach. He recommends that you learn to control your own anxiety as a parent, and your children will respond better. I also like the philosophy that you are not responsible FOR your kids, but TO your kids. Anyways, it was only about 4 hours of listening time (2 days commute for me) and I've started to listen to it a second time. Anyone else read it? If not, I recommend it...some GREAT ideas!



6 comments:

Kacey said...

Did you read my blog yesterday? I am totally buying this book!!

Jana said...

Does this book tell me HOW to keep my cool? I will have to buy this asap. Have you ever heard of the book, "Raising Cane?" It is a book for parents with boys. I heard it is great, but have never read it.

Jana said...

That would be Raising Cain. Sorry. :)

*alysha* said...

I'll have to check this out to keep me in check.

*alysha* said...

BTW the title makes me laugh. There is no such thing as scream free parenting! But we can try right?

Julie said...

Any parenting book looks good to me right now. Brady just WORKS me!