Monday, January 7, 2008

GREAT RECIPE

I know there are 100 recipes out there for Chicken Enchiladas, and I myself have tried several different recipes, but this, by far, is THE easiest and THE yummiest I've tried.
1lbs cooked, shredded chicken
1 1/2-2 small cans diced green chilis
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I use sharp)
10-12 flour tortillas
1 cup milk
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
Mix shredded chicken, chili's and half the cheese together well. Divide between tortillas and roll up. Place in baking dish. Stir together milk, soup, broth and remaining cheese. Pour over tortialls, cover and let sit in the fridge AT LEAST 1-2 hours. Preheat oven to 350 and bake for uncovered for 30-40 minutes.
****THE LONGER THE ENCHILADAS SIT IN THE SAUCE THE BETTER THEY ARE***
(I usually prepare them the day before I serve them)
So we had these last night for dinner and YUMMY! This by far was my best batch and I served them with guacamole, whole wheat rice, salad and fiesta corn and tortilla chips. It was so delish. I even had left overs for lunch today.
HAPPY COOKING!

6 comments:

Heather said...

This is the one you were telling me about I will have to try it!

Louise said...

Yum!

Kacey said...

Definitely trying! What is fiesta corn Julie? Sounds yummy!

Julie said...

Fiesta corn is one of the Birds Eye vegetable steamers. Check out a post by Angie under the label of Good Product. It was really tasty!

Jocelyn said...

Yummy! I can't wait to try it. Easy and delicious? Those are my favorite recipes! Thanks!

Jana said...

I am making those this week!!!