Sunday, October 19, 2008

MOMs Club

Some of you may have heard of this, but I was SUPER excited when I came across it. It's an international non-profit organization called "Moms' Club." I have been wondering how I could meet new moms with children my boy's age and find fun things to do. There seem to be groups in most of states. Click on this link (MOMs Club) and then click on "chapters" to find a club near you. I went to the open house for it a few days ago in my county and it was insane! There were TONS of moms with their kids at the park and I got to meet some potential new friends! Yay! They also gave me a calendar of this month's activities, and I couldn't believe how many things they do each month! You can go to as many or as few of them as you'd like. It was created for "stay-at-home" moms, but I found that the one I attended had lots of moms that also worked part time, or worked out of their home. You can also bring your children to ALL activities (except once a month they do "moms night out" where it is just mommies)! I am excited about it! I have just been feeling so "shut in," bored and lonely. No longer!

2 comments:

Marilee said...

When I was a "new" mommy with only one baby I had a friend who belonged to the "Mom's Club" chapter where I lived. Because I was sooooo ridiculously poor at the time I didn't ever "officially" join. I think it cost $25 for the year back then. Anyway, I did go to many of their activities with my friend and her little guy. It was great! And I was always so impressed that there were soooo many moms who loved doing fun activities with their kids. It was a great lesson for me as a young mom to get out there and have fun, even while your kids are babies!

Anonymous said...

Just an admitted blog-stalker here...you guys haven't updated in a while....how are us addicts suppose to survive?